I woke up this morning in the mood for some light-hearted pet facts.
That’s not true, actually I woke up in the mood for an excuse to stay in bed, or a milky way candy bar or a pizza…Don’t ask….
But since that didn’t work out so well I decided to look up completely irrelevant, somewhat interesting, mildly disturbing, light-hearted pet facts.
So if you’re not eating pizza, enjoying a milky way or sleeping it’s time to see if you qualify as the world’s best pet owner…
How many can you check off this list??
- Nine in ten pet owners surveyed say they consider their pet a member of the family.
- 63% of dog owners and 58% of cat owners surveyed said they give their pets presents at Christmas.
- Americans spend about $5 billion on holiday presents for their furry friends.
- 40% of dog owners and 37% of cat owners hang Christmas stockings for their pets.
- 36% of dog owners give their pets presents on their birthday, as do 20% of cat owners.
- About one-quarter of both dog owners (27%) and cat owners (23%) sign their pet’s name on greeting cards or notes.
- 64% of surveyed pet owners said they include news about their pet, and 36% include a photograph. in their holiday cards.
- About 27% of pet owners claim to have taken their pet to a professional photographer to have a picture taken with family, Santa, or the Easter Bunny.
- About a third (37%) of dog owners and a similar proportion of cat owners (31%) have their pet’s picture prominently displayed in their homes, and 14% and 10%, respectively, display it at their place of work.
- About 10% of both dog and cat owners carry their pet’s picture in their wallet or purse.
- In about 20% of both dog and cat households, the TV, radio, or stereo is left on when the animals are left alone, presumably so they don’t get lonely.
- 16% of dog owners and 14% of cat owners claim to have bought a car or home with a pet in mind.
I am guilty, guilty, guilty of it all!!!
How did you score??
Until next time…I’d rather stay at home and nurse an unhealthy attachment to my dog than socialize with people. 🙂
Be blessed, stay blessed and remember if you don’t laugh at yourself, someone will do it for you!
These statistics are copied from Petfinder.com – Gracias Petfinder!!!